Driven by our mission, Nash UNC Health Care provides high-quality health care services and helps improve the health of our community. You can count on us for safe, reliable care for you and your loved ones in Rocky Mount and eastern North Carolina.
Joint Commission Accreditation
Feel confident you’ll receive excellent care and treatment at Nash UNC because The Joint Commission accredits our hospitals and facilities. Every three years, we ask The Joint Commission to review our organization against their set of accreditation standards. That means our programs, services, and staff meets or exceeds The Joint Commission national quality of care and safety requirements. Our accredited sites include:
- Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center
- Coastal Plain Hospital
- Nash Day Hospital
- Nash General Hospital
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Nash Breast Care Center
- Nash Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Nash Sleep Disorders Center
- Nash Wound Care Center
We consistently pursue excellence in patient care and challenge our organization to improve with each Joint Commission review.
View our most recent Joint Commission Quality Report.
Awards & Recognition
Our quality efforts result in top-notch patient care and recognition, including:
- U.S. News & World Report 2018-19 designation as “High Performing Hospital” in heart failure treatment
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for our patient safety measures and quality of care
- Primary Stroke Center Gold Seal of Approval certification from The Joint Commission indicating Nash provides high-quality care to stroke patients and improves outcomes
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers
- Get With the Guidelines®–Stroke Gold Plus with Target: Stroke℠ Honor Roll award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Two Mission: Lifeline® Gold Quality Achievement Awards from the American Heart Association and the ACTION Registry Gold Performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology for heart attack patient care. This is an accomplishment achieved by fewer than 40 hospitals nationwide
- Accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities for the Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center at Nash UNC. The rehabilitation center had a perfect score (with zero recommendations) on the survey, an accomplishment achieved by less than 3 percent of rehabilitation centers in the nation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield designated Blue Distinction Center+ facility for maternity care and knee and hip replacement
- North Carolina Maternity Center Breastfeeding-Friendly designation with three stars for promoting and supporting breastfeeding programs
- Accredited Surgical Weight Loss Center by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program
- Blue Distinction® Center+ for Bariatric Surgery, a designation awarded by Blue Cross Blue Shield to recognize affordable expert care and better patient results
- Cigna® Certified Bariatric Center, a Cigna health insurance designation based on expertise, approach to care, and patient outcomes
Cancer Annual Report
Learn about our outstanding cancer care at Nash UNC.
Satisfaction feedback from our patients helps improve our care and services. We survey some of our patients to measure the quality of health care services at Nash UNC. When patient responses tell us we need improvement in certain areas, we correct problems and work to make our services stronger. We are dedicated to providing the best possible experience for every patient, family member, and visitor who enters our doors.
Dedicated to Quality Improvements
Continuous performance monitoring allows us to improve key quality and safety measures at Nash UNC. Our care measures for sepsis, heart attack, and strokes – some of the leading causes of patient harm in hospitals worldwide – continue to show drastic improvement and we are receiving national recognitions for our work in these areas.
Report relevant, valid information or concerns about our quality and safety to Patient Relations at 252-962-8767.
If your concern isn’t resolved through Nash UNC, report your concern or register a complaint about Nash UNC to the Joint Commission’s Office of Quality Monitoring by phone at 800-994-6610 or e-mail.