Partner with an expert breast care team at Nash UNC Health Care dedicated to helping you stay healthy. You’ll find care to prevent, detect, and assess your risks for developing breast cancer at the Nash Breast Care Center in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
Whether you live in Nash, Edgecombe, Halifax, Wilson, Martin or Franklin counties, you have access close to home to the best possible breast care.
Comprehensive Breast Care
Why You Need a Mammogram
If you’re age 40 or older, we recommend you get an annual breast cancer screening mammogram. The communities surrounding Nash UNC Health Care have a higher rate of breast cancer diagnosis and mortality than national and North Carolina averages.
You’ll benefit from a full range of breast health care and services at the Nash Breast Care Center, such as:
- Advanced 3D mammography technology for screening and diagnostic mammograms with on-site specialists who interpret your images
- Dedicated, top-notch breast imaging services
- Sensitive, patient-centered care
- Rapid breast biopsy test results
- Personalized diagnostic results from our radiologists
- Compassionate guidance from a breast health navigator if you’re diagnosed with breast cancer
- Coordinated care with your primary care provider or referring doctor
- Focused, on-site breast cancer risk assessment and genetic counseling and testing services
- Continuous follow-up care and treatment within Nash UNC Health Care
Recognized, High-Quality Breast Care
When you choose Nash Breast Care Center, feel confident you’re receiving excellent breast care because:
- We’re an accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. This designation from the American College of Radiology means our skilled team provides safe, high-quality mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound, and breast MRI services.
- Our breast imaging physicians are fellowship-trained and board certified by the American Board of Radiology.
- We partner with the Carolina Mammography Registry to help improve mammography and detection of breast cancer.
- Our center is a Hologic Pink Ribbon facility—which recognizes imaging centers for excellence in breast imaging and supporting women in their community.
Trusted Breast Care Professionals
Put your care in the hands of the trustworthy team at the Nash Breast Care Center. Your team will be sensitive to your needs and provide quick screening and imaging test results. Work with caring and experienced:
- Board-certified radiologists
- Registered breast sonographers
- Registered mammography technologists
- Registered nurses
Breast Health Navigator
Get support and encouragement from a Nash breast health navigator if you receive a breast cancer diagnosis. Turn to your navigator to help you better understand your condition, what to expect from treatment, and coordinate your initial cancer care appointments.
Male Breast Care
If you’re a boy, teen or adult male with breast swelling or a lump, your doctor may recommend a diagnostic mammogram or breast ultrasound. Choose the Nash Breast Care Center for excellent care and imaging services to check your breast health.
Breast Cancer Care & Support
If you’re diagnosed with breast cancer, lean on the experienced cancer team at Nash UNC Health Care. You can rely on us for knowledgeable, comprehensive cancer care and support.