Your Cancer Care Team
Partner with an expert cancer care team at the Danny Talbott Cancer Center at Nash UNC Health Care. You’ll work with dedicated, compassionate cancer professionals and stay close to home in Rocky Mount and eastern North Carolina.
Thoughtful, Supportive Caregivers
Expect your doctors, nurses, and other health care providers to focus on your specific needs. You’re not only a cancer patient at Nash UNC; you’re our family members, neighbors, and friends. You’ll get care from a passionate team that will give you one-on-one attention, encouragement, and support throughout your cancer journey.
Team Approach to Cancer Care
When you choose to receive cancer care at the Danny Talbott Cancer Center, you’ll benefit from our team approach to care. We work together to coordinate your care from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship. If you need care from a doctor outside of cancer care, we’ll refer you to a specialist at Nash UNC to provide the help you need.
Rely on the experience and knowledge of many medical specialists and other health care professionals at Nash UNC working together to give you the best possible care.
Cancer Specialists Working for You
Your specially trained cancer care team and board-certified medical specialists at Nash UNC may include:
- Medical oncologist – Diagnoses and treats your cancer with chemotherapy or immunotherapy
- Radiation oncologist – Uses radiation therapy to treat your cancer
- Cancer nurse navigator – Plans and coordinates your cancer care
- Oncology nurse – Administers your cancer treatments, monitors side effects, and provides care and support
- Pathologist – Studies your cells, tissues, and organs to identify cancer
- Pharmacist – Provides medications for your cancer treatments
- Radiologist – Uses medical imaging technology to examine your internal organs and structures
- Surgeon – Diagnoses and removes your tumor and nearby tissue during an operation
Get assistance from our registered dietitians with your nutritional needs. Social workers and rehabilitation therapists can help you cope with your cancer.
Cancer Nurse Navigator
A cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming. Rely on your empathetic cancer nurse navigator at Nash UNC to serve as your advocate and help coordinate patient-centered care. Your navigator works with you and your oncologist to plan the best cancer care and treatment for you.
Depend on your cancer nurse navigator to:
- Act as a liaison between you and your doctor
- Connect you to support services and cancer resources
- Educate you and your family about your cancer diagnosis and treatment options
- Reduce delays or obstacles to your care
Cancer Research Coordinator
Work with our clinical research coordinator if your cancer doctor refers you to one of our clinical trials.
Well-Rounded Cancer Care
Experience our holistic approach to caring for you during cancer. Feel confident you’ll get high-quality nursing care, support services, and advanced technology at Nash UNC. Your care will focus on your physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and psychological needs.