If you or a loved one needs intensive care for a potentially life-threatening injury or illness, you’ll find excellent, specialized care at Nash UNC Health Care. Rest assured our health care team has advanced training to manage critical and complex medical conditions near you in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
Critical Care Conditions
Find care for serious conditions, illnesses, and injuries needing constant monitoring and specialized medical attention, such as:
- Heart attack, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, or abnormal heart beats
- Breathing and lung problems, including acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), asthma, COPD, pneumonia, acute and chronic respiratory failure, and life-threatening allergic reactions
- Brain injuries, stroke, and neurological conditions
- Severe reaction to infection, or sepsis
- Specialized care after major surgery
Your expert team at Nash UNC will deliver critical care from initial treatment through intensive care and recovery.
Critical Care Treatment & Services
Access specialized equipment and treatments you or a loved one may rely on to function, heal, and recover. We’ll continuously monitor your heart rate, blood pressure, and breathing. Your individual care and treatment may include monitoring, equipment, and therapy to:
- Measure your blood pressure and volume in certain areas of your heart
- Filtering small amounts of blood and fluid from your body
- Help your heart pump blood through your body
- Check pressure inside your head
- Move air in and out of your lungs
Critical Care Team
You’ll benefit from board-certified critical care doctors, also known as intensivists, and highly skilled nurses at Nash UNC. Expect to see a Nash intensivist daily during your stay in the critical care unit. Our compassionate doctors and nurses are always available to assist with your critical care needs and discuss your individualized care plan.
Receive additional medical support from our experienced hospitalists during your stay at Nash General Hospital. Hospitalists serve as your primary care provider while you’re in the hospital. Receive exceptional care from our hospitalists, who use the most recent evidence-based, critical care treatments.
Your care team may include specialty doctors to help care for your specific injury or illness. Depending on your care plan, you also may receive care from a dietician, pharmacist, case manager, and chaplain.
Safe Patient Care
Rely on Nash UNC to provide you or a loved one with safe, high-quality critical care and treatment. Your care team uses sophisticated equipment and best practices to prevent infections and ensure you get exceptional care at Nash UNC.
Critical Care Visiting Hours
Take advantage of open visitation in a patient-centered, family-friendly setting at the Nash UNC Critical Care unit. Your family is welcome to come and go at their convenience.