Discover how to manage your diabetes and live better with diabetes education at Nash UNC Health Care. Rely on our knowledgeable diabetes educator to provide self-management teachings that follow American Diabetes Association (ADA) guidelines.
Do You Need Diabetes Education?
Diabetes is a chronic condition. You’ll have to make regular decisions about the best way to manage your disease. Seek help from a Nash diabetes educator if:
- You have prediabetes or are at high risk of developing Type 2 diabetes
- You’re newly diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes
- You want to learn better diabetes self-management skills
Diabetes Education Eligibility
You can receive individual diabetes education while you’re an inpatient at Nash General Hospital.
Depend on us to customize diabetes education to fit your personal needs. Your diabetes educator will get to know you and assist with personal barriers to your daily diabetes care. Learn self-management skills that will support a normal, healthy lifestyle.
Living With Diabetes Program
Your Nash diabetes educator can help you:
- Check your blood sugar and track your results
- Choose healthy foods that keep your blood sugar levels stable
- Cope with stress and other emotions
- Manage your weight
- Stay active, even if you have physical limitations
- Support and maintain your behavior changes
- Take medications as prescribed
- Understand diabetes and associated health complications
- Learn how to give yourself an insulin shot
High-Quality Diabetes Education
Feel confident you’re learning the best diabetes self-management skills available to improve your quality of life. The diabetes education program at Nash UNC follows the ADA recommendations and standards of medical care for diabetes patients.
Home & Community Services
Partner with your diabetes educator to find community services to ensure you’ll have a smooth transition home and can maintain your self-care when you leave Nash General Hospital.