When seconds count, rely on Nash UNC Health Care for emergency care in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. Put your care in the hands of experienced professionals working in one of the most technologically advanced emergency departments in North Carolina.
When to Visit the Emergency Room
Get medical care right away when you or a loved one experiences:
- Broken bone
- Chest pain
- Deep cut or wound
- High fever
- Head injury
- Serious burn
- Severe pain
- Sexual assault or abuse
- Sudden difficulty speaking, seeing, or moving
- Sudden weakness on one side of the body
- Thoughts of harming yourself or another person
- Traumatic injury
- Trouble breathing
Advanced Primary Stroke Center
Rely on us for prompt, high-quality stroke care 24/7. Nash UNC holds Advanced Primary Stroke Center Certification from the Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
Pediatric Emergency Department
When your child is sick or hurt, trust Nash UNC for expert pediatric emergency care. In our dedicated pediatric emergency department, you’ll find:
- Colorful waiting area just for kids and their families
- Radiology and imaging services designed for children and teenagers
- “Ouchless” exam rooms with televisions, toys or art supplies, and a teddy bear your child gets to take home
- Doctors and nurses who specialize in caring for children
Take a virtual tour of the Pediatric Emergency Department.
‘Super Track’ Rooms
If you have a minor injury or illness, you’ll appreciate the quick care available in our adult and pediatric “super track” rooms. Here, you’ll find treatment for conditions such as:
- Broken fingers
- Sore throat
- Flu-like symptoms, such as fever, chills, body aches, cough, and headache
- Minor cuts
- Sprains and strains
Whenever possible, your “super track” care team will have you in and out of the Emergency Care Center within an hour.
What to Expect at the ER
When you arrive at the Emergency Care Center, you’ll meet with a triage nurse. The triage nurse will quickly assess your condition. Depending on your symptoms, you may have to wait. Patients with more severe conditions such as heart attack, stroke, and critical injuries are seen first. That means people who arrive after you, including those who arrive by ambulance, may be seen before you.
Your care team may begin your treatment with diagnostic tests, such as blood tests, X-rays or other imaging tests, or cardiac catheterization.
Take a virtual tour of the emergency department.
Emergency Waiting Area
If you have to wait, a nurse will check your vital signs and update you on your wait time every two hours. Enjoy the TV, magazines, and food and drink vending machines while you wait.
Experienced Emergency Care Team
Benefit from the experience of a team that specializes in emergency care. Receive skilled treatment from:
- Board-certified doctors, including emergency physicians and pediatricians
- Certified emergency nurses
- Certified sexual assault nurse examiners
- Behavioral health specialists
When you’re ill or injured, count on Nash UNC to treat you and your family with dignity, respect, and compassion.