If you suspect a heart attack, call 911 or go to the closest emergency room.
Trust the expert UNC cardiologists at Nash UNC Heart Center for cardiac care close to home in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. You can count on us for quick care during a heart emergency and for ongoing care that helps you live well with a heart condition.
Award-Winning Heart Care
Feel confident you’ll get excellent heart care at Nash UNC because:
- We received the 2020 Chest Pain - MI Registry® Gold Performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology. This prestigious award recognizes our commitment to a higher standard of care for heart attack patients.
- Our Heart Center and staff earned the American College of Cardiology’s Chest Pain Center Accreditation for demonstrating expertise in diagnosing and treating patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
- The American Heart Association (AHA) presented us with two Gold Awards for Mission: Lifeline Receiving STEMI and Mission: Lifeline NSTEMI. These honors recognize our success in complying with strict AHA guidelines and performance measures for the care and treatment of heart attack and pre-heart attack patients.
- We hold Echocardiography Accreditation from the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) for providing quality patient care and diagnostics.
Innovative, Convenient Heart Center
When you have a heart emergency, you want fast access to care for your best outcome. Look to the Nash UNC Heart Center for top-quality care at an advanced facility. Our Heart Center brings 24/7 crucial heart care services to Rocky Mount and surrounding communities in Nash and Edgecombe counties. You don’t have to risk your heart health getting to another facility.
Find our Emergency Care Center and Heart Center services in the same building on the Nash UNC campus. If you come to the Nash UNC emergency room for chest pain or heart attack symptoms, you’ll need care from our heart team. That’s why we combined these critical services under one roof.
You’ll benefit from easy access to heart care, testing, chest pain observation, two heart catheterization labs, and a cardiac intensive care unit at our Heart Center. Experience the soothing environment and comfortable rooms to calm your worries during your stay.
Nash UNC Heart Center & UNC Cardiology Partnership
Take part in our affiliation with UNC Health Care. Nash UNC and UNC Cardiology at Nash work together with cardiologists at UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill to provide a broad range of up-to-date heart care and treatments to our community. Because of our partnership, you can access more heart services and benefit from the addition of interventional cardiologists to our Heart Center.
Heart Conditions We Treat
Get care for a wide range of heart conditions, such as:
Diagnosis & Testing
Your doctor may recommend one or more of these tests to help diagnose a heart condition, such as:
Learn more about heart tests you may need.
Find specialized heart services and treatments at the Nash UNC Heart Center, including:
Heart Valve Replacement Support
If you need a heart valve replacement at UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill but live in eastern North Carolina, we can make your surgical experience easier for you. Your interventional cardiologist from UNC Cardiology at Nash will guide your pre-operative testing, surgery preparation, and post-operative care at the Nash UNC Heart Center. These convenient support services allow you to stay in the Twin Counties for most of your care.
Work with interventional cardiologists from UNC Cardiology at Nash to perform your minimally invasive transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) at UNC Medical Center. Make the trip to Chapel Hill once for your heart valve replacement procedure.
Heart Care Team
Find warm, friendly care providers when you choose Nash UNC Heart Center. Get specialty heart care and treatment from a passionate, committed team. Your medical specialists and heart care team at Nash UNC may include:
- Cardiologists from UNC Cardiology at Nash
- Care managers – Plan follow up care when you leave the hospital
- Hospitalist – Admits you to the hospital and consults with your cardiologist about your care while you’re in the hospital
- Registered nurses specializing in cardiology and critical care
- Social worker – Helps coordinate care and resources for after discharge
Heart Support for You
Get one-on-one education from a nurse to help you manage and continue to improve your health when you go home. Expect to go over all the information you need to know about your care, health contacts, medications, appointments, and other services you’ll need.
You’ll enjoy peace of mind when you leave the Heart Center because our cardiology patient coordinator (nurse) is a phone call away. Call the telephone number included with your discharge instruction for support after discharge if you have questions or need help.
Ask your doctor for a referral to outpatient cardiac rehabilitation at Nash UNC. Find the support you need to recover from a heart attack, heart transplant, or heart failure.
Partner with our dedicated cardiology nurses, exercise specialists, and registered respiratory therapists for education and support to make positive lifestyle changes, be active, and improve heart health. Depending on your condition, expect your cardiac rehabilitation to include:
- Aerobic exercise
- Strength training
- Stretching and flexibility exercises
We’ll monitor your exercise sessions to make sure you feel comfortable with the therapy we recommend for you.
Heart Care Patient Stories
Find inspiration from heart patients telling their stories of exceptional care at Nash UNC Heart Center.