Imaging & Radiology
Rely on your doctor to diagnose or detect a health condition with help from detailed imaging tests available at Nash UNC Health Care in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
Types of Medical Imaging
Detailed diagnostic imaging and radiology services help your doctor make informed decisions regarding your health. Depending on your health and your symptoms, your doctor may recommend:
- Computed tomography (CT) – Uses multiple X-rays to create detailed images of your head and face or structures inside your body, including your spine
- Bone densitometry (DEXA scans) – Reveal the strength of your bones to diagnose low bone density and evaluate your risk for fractures
- Fluoroscopy – Shows real-time, moving X-ray images of your body
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – Uses large magnetic and radio waves to examine your head, abdomen, shoulder, knee, breast, and spine.
- Mammography – Preventative screening and diagnostic tool used for breast health
- Nuclear medicine (PET/CT) – Uses small amounts of a radiotracer and a tiny camera to record pictures inside your body
- Ultrasound – Examines your body using high-frequency sound waves made into pictures
- X-ray – Uses a form of radiation focused into a beam to create pictures of your abdomen, chest, skull, and spine
Interventional Radiology Services
Your doctor may recommend an interventional radiology procedure to see inside your body and deliver targeted treatment using thin, flexible tubes called catheters. If you’re a candidate for an interventional radiology procedure, you may benefit from less risk, less pain, and a shorter recovery time compared to open surgery.
Trust your specially trained radiologist to collaborate with the rest of your team and to provide high-quality care for a wide range of conditions, including cancer, stroke, and vascular disease.
Safe Imaging for Children
Rely on Nash UNC for safe, effective pediatric imaging services. We support the Image Gently campaign, which aims to reduce or “child-size” the amount of radiation used for kids’ imaging tests.
Quality & Safety
Look to our board-certified radiologists and registered imaging technologists for safe, high-quality imaging tests. You can feel confident about your care because our network includes facilities accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in CT, MRI, Breast MRI, nuclear medicine, mammography, PET, ultrasound, breast ultrasound, and stereotactic breast biopsy.