Addiction Treatment & Recovery
Get help from compassionate, experienced professionals to overcome alcohol or substance misuse. Turn to us for complete inpatient hospital treatment and services at Nash UNC Health Care’s Coastal Plain Hospital. Partner with us for support.
Getting Help & Hospital Admission
It’s common to feel confusion or anxiety about how and where to get addiction treatment. Count on knowledgeable mental health professionals to treat you with respect and to support your decision to seek help at Coastal Plain Hospital.
Your admission for inpatient treatment will follow high professional standards because we use criteria set by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM). In some cases, we might find you’ll benefit more from another type of care instead of hospitalization.
Treatment & Rehab Services
Find treatment at Coastal Plain Hospital for addictive substance misuse that may benefit from inpatient treatment. Receive care from a professionally trained and licensed medical and clinical team that provides services such as:
- Detoxification – Helps you safely withdraw from drugs or alcohol as caregivers monitor changes in your body and mood
- Mental health services and medication management – Addresses dual-diagnosis of mental health and substance misuse
- Individual counseling – Examines your issues and reasons for using addictive substances; offers support and motivation to remain sober
- Family education and therapy – Encourages you and your family to establish new communication skills and positive relationships
- Nutritional support – Helps balance your body’s nutritional needs during recovery
- Recreational therapy – Provides activities to renew your mind and body
- In-house Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings – Supports your efforts to stop drinking or using drugs
- Relapse prevention – Teaches you ways to identify high risk situations and avoid them to maintain your sobriety
- Aftercare – Continues your recovery with referrals to community providers for follow-up therapy appointments
Individual Treatment Plans
Start treatment at Coastal Plain Hospital to get support and counseling to live without alcohol or substances. Work with your care team to come up with your treatment goals. We’ll use your goals to tailor an individual care plan to fit your needs. When you actively take part in therapy and activities, your treatment success rate increases.
Feel confident you’ll receive encouragement every step of the way from your health care providers at Coastal Plain Hospital. You’ll appreciate time away from your everyday life to reduce your stress, support your recovery, and focus on your well-being.
Therapy & Activities
Expect to attend individual and group therapy and activities every day in a comfortable environment. You’ll work with recreational therapists and social workers to:
- Learn ways to express yourself
- Build supportive relationships
- Nurture your mind and body
Coastal Plain Hospital Accommodations
Learn more about your living arrangements, conveniences, and visitors during your stay at Coastal Plain Hospital.
Length of Stay
Work with your care team to discuss your treatment plan and determine when it’s appropriate for you to leave inpatient care.
Recovery & Relapse Prevention Community Care
Get help to continue your recovery and prevent relapse through community providers. We’ll help you come up with a plan and check in with you after you leave Coastal Plain Hospital.
Improving the health of our community is part of our mission. We’re developing community relationships with mobile crisis resources and outpatient services to serve you if you live in Nash, Edgecombe, Halifax, Wilson, or Johnston counties. We want to help provide you with proper treatment for alcohol and substance misuse.