Pregnancy & Birth
Whether you’re having your first baby or growing your family, you’ll find all the maternity services you need at the Nash Women’s Center. Take advantage of our advanced technology, knowledgeable caregivers, and modern, comfortable birthing rooms to enrich your childbirth experience.
Community-Inspired Women’s Center
Discover a beautiful, sophisticated obstetrics facility close to home in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. The inspiration for the Nash Women’s Center came from families and women in our community. When you partner with us, we’ll meet the needs of you, your baby, and your family from pregnancy through birth.
You and your baby will receive high-quality care at the Nash Women’s Center. We’re nationally recognized for our excellence in:
- Breastfeeding services – We have a North Carolina Maternity Center Breastfeeding-Friendly Designation for promoting and supporting breastfeeding programs.
- Golden Bow Award from the North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition
- Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace Award from the North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition
- Breastfeeding-Friendly Business Award the North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition
Pregnancy & Birth Education
Find support and resources to help you and your partner prepare for becoming parents at the Nash Women’s Center. Attend childbirth, breastfeeding classes.
Personalized, Family-Centered Maternity Services
Count on our compassionate care team and a family-centered environment to help you have the birthing experience you want. Present your birth plan, involve your doula, use labor comfort techniques or work with us for pain management options during your labor and delivery.
“Room In” with Your Newborn
Enjoy the comforts of home at the Nash Women’s Center before, during, and after childbirth. Your mother-baby room is set up to promote recovery for you and bonding with your baby and family. Rest well and establish a breastfeeding routine with your infant beside you.
Expert Childbirth Care Team
Let the experienced team at Nash UNC guide you through a safe, healthy birth experience. You’ll benefit from a multidisciplinary team made up of medical specialists including:
- Anesthesia services available 24 hours a day for pain control during labor
- Lactation consultants to support breastfeeding
- Neonatologists with specialized training to care for your newborn
- Nurse practitioners to care for and treat your infant
- Nurses to encourage and care for you and your baby
Support After Birth
Find peace of mind knowing you’ll have access to the care and support you need after your baby arrives. Get assistance with breastfeeding from our lactation consultants or ask your care team for help caring for yourself and your newborn even after you go home.
Special Care Nursery
If an unexpected newborn condition arises at birth, feel confident that Nash UNC has the neonatal experts to take care of your newborn in our advanced special care nursery.
Women’s Center Patient Stories
Rely on compassionate care, support and service from the team at Nash Women’s Center. View videos of our patients sharing their experiences and appreciation for the excellent care, comfort, and support services we provide to help them grow as a family.