Rely on trained, professional lactation consultants at Nash Women’s Center to help you learn how to breastfeed your baby. After delivery at Nash UNC, you’ll have access to our experts to talk about how to successfully start and maintain breastfeeding.
Trust that you’ll receive excellent breastfeeding care from Nash UNC because we have a 3-Star North Carolina Maternity Center Breastfeeding-Friendly Designation. That means our maternity center promotes, protects, and support breastfeeding programs.
Find breastfeeding guidance and encouragement from our lactation consultants. As a new mother, you can request sessions with a specialist to focus on your personal needs or answer general questions about:
- Breastfeeding how-tos, including positioning and latching techniques
- Feeding cues from your baby
- Caring for yourself while breastfeeding
- Determining if your baby is getting enough milk
- Maintaining a healthy milk supply
- Breastfeeding tools and breast pump education
- Storing breast milk (particularly for pre-term infants in the Special Care Nursery)
- Avoiding common breastfeeding problems
When you face breastfeeding problems, count on the compassionate specialists at Nash UNC to help you find solutions. Ask for help if you experience painful nursing, breast engorgement, or low milk production or if your baby isn’t gaining enough weight.
Support After You Go Home
Get ongoing breastfeeding support after you leave Nash UNC for as long as you need assistance. Our lactation team is always available to answer questions by phone or appointment. Call 252-962-FEED (3333) or email lactation consultants for breastfeeding help.