Partner with a primary care provider (PCP) at Nash UNC Health Care for long-term guidance and support to live your healthiest life.
What’s a Primary Care Provider?
Primary care providers serve as your main point of contact to:
- Help you stay healthy
- Diagnose and treat common illnesses and injuries
- Manage chronic conditions
What Type of PCP is Right for Me?
Determine what type of primary care provider is right for you depending on your age and preferences. Types of providers available include:
- Family medicine provider – Cares for all ages
- Internal medicine provider – Offers comprehensive care for adults, including those with two or more chronic conditions
- Pediatrician – Cares for babies, children, and adolescents
Services We Provide
When you have a primary care provider, you’ll benefit from services including:
Primary Care Conditions We Treat
Turn to your primary care provider when you need treatment for:
Your First Appointment
At your first visit, you’ll talk to your doctor about your medical history and any current concerns. Bring a list of your medications and your insurance card.
Develop a relationship with your provider to create a care plan that helps you reach your health goals. Depend on your PCP for a referral when you need to see a specialist. Trust your PCP to stay informed on your visits outside of their practice to provide you care based on your overall health.
My UNC Chart
Get convenient 24/7 access to your personal health record through, My UNC Chart. With My UNC Chart you can:
- Access a summary of your medications, allergies, immunizations, and other medical issues
- Conveniently and securely message your care team
- Request appointments online
- View your lab results
UNC Physicians Network Partnership
Find additional high-quality primary care providers across North Carolina through our partnership with UNC Health Care and its UNC Physicians Network.