Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
If you experience a serious injury, life-changing illness, or long-term health condition, we can help you reach your best possible quality of life. Choose Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center at Nash UNC Health Care for dedicated acute inpatient rehabilitation care and treatment.
Rest assured you or your loved one will receive outstanding rehabilitation services and patient-centered care at the Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center. We hold the highest level of accreditation for an inpatient rehabilitation hospital and stroke specialty program from the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). That means you can rely on consistent, high-quality care from us.
Conditions We Treat
Turn to our expert acute inpatient rehabilitation team at Nash UNC to treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Brain injuries
- Heart and lung conditions
- Hip and joint replacement
- Long-term health conditions
- Major trauma
- Neurological disorders
- Spinal cord injuries
Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center
Find all the care and services you need at the Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. Our center provides a superior level of rehabilitation care and a more intense program than nursing home rehabilitation services. We offer:
- 24/7 rehabilitation nursing coverage
- Close medical supervision by a rehabilitation doctor
- Licensed and accredited hospital-level rehabilitation care
- Multiple specialists and team approach to your care
- Three hours of intensive therapy daily including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and/or speech therapy a minimum of five out of seven days per week.
Feel confident putting your rehabilitation in the hands of Nash UNC, which serves:
- North Carolina counties – Bertie, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Halifax, Hertford, Johnston, Martin, Nash, Northampton, Orange, Pitt, Wake, Warren, Wayne, and Wilson
- Virginia counties – Brunswick, Greensville, and Southampton
We do accept referrals from other North Carolina counties and states. Contact us at 252-962-3702 to discuss your needs.
Rehabilitation Center Tour
Learn more about the comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services at the Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center.
Features & Amenities
The single-level Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center building has advanced technology and the feel of an upscale hotel. Our comfortable 23-bed facility features:
- Private, spacious rooms
- Large bathrooms in every room
- Therapy gym with specialized rehabilitation equipment
- Landscaped therapeutic walking garden
- Therapeutic swimming pool
- Spacious dining hall
- Training suite similar to a home environment
- Convenient parking for visitors
Rehabilitation Hours & Services
Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center operates with rehabilitation nurses on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Access to Complete Medical Care
If you face a medical emergency during your stay at the rehabilitation center, quick access to help is available at Nash General Hospital. You’ll find advanced diagnostic technology, treatments, and professionals from multiple medical specialties close by to provide care.
Individual Assessments & Treatment Plans
If your doctor refers you to the Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center, you’ll get a condition assessment to determine if inpatient rehabilitation is right for you. Upon admission, your rehabilitation team will evaluate you and coordinate a tailored plan of care to meet your needs. Expect involvement from our medical team in your daily care while you’re a patient at the rehabilitation center.
Patient & Family-Centered Services
When you and your family take part in education with your care team, you’ll see why our treatment and services are superior to other facilities. Your team will take the time to teach you and your family about coping skills, self-care, and community resources.
Count on our compassionate, encouraging rehabilitation specialists to help you reach your therapy goals. Your specialized treatments may include:
Focused, Daily Therapy
Work with your occupational and physical therapist and, if needed, a speech therapist and recreational therapist for three hours a day for at least five days per week. Therapy is available seven days a week. You’ll focus on increasing your strength, moving better, and completing daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, and hygiene. Depending on your condition, your doctor may recommend other therapies.
Skilled Inpatient Rehabilitation Care Team
Rely on our highly educated therapists and knowledgeable rehabilitation team for complete care to improve your abilities, skills, and independence. In addition to your occupational, physical and speech therapists, your inpatient rehabilitation team at the Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center may include:
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors, also called physiatrists
- Rehabilitation nurses with specialized training in rehabilitation care – Manage your rehabilitation activities, disease, and medication and help with your discharge.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSW) – Provide individual emotional support for you to help cope with your condition and refers you to community resources
Case managers – Work with you and your family to plan for your discharge, home medical equipment needs, follow-up appointments and services
Take advantage of support care and services at Nash UNC. Depending on your condition, your doctor may recommend:
Quality Care & Outcomes
The inpatient rehabilitation program at Nash UNC sends a higher percentage of patients home than other rehabilitation programs in the nation. Learn more about the quality and patient outcomes our center achieves.