You must register for services that are to be rendered. This allows our staff to learn more about you before your treatment so that we can better serve you. You will register in the area of the hospital where you will be treated.
Depending upon your treatment or your scheduled surgery, your physician will tell you where you should report the morning of your surgery.
Driving directions and campus maps are available to assist you.
Nash UNC Health Care is comprised of several distinct facilities, including our acute care hospital, Nash General Hospital; our outpatient facility, Nash Day Hospital; our new Surgery Pavilion; a rehabilitation facility, the Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center, and a mental health and substance abuse facility, Coastal Plain Hospital.
What to Expect
An administrative professional will interview you and prepare the proper documentation for your hospital visit. You will be asked several questions concerning your medical history, your address, where you work, your method of payment and insurance coverage. Please bring any prescription medication you are currently taking along with your insurance card.
What to Bring
You may have several questions about what you should bring with you to the hospital. We have a brochure [PDF] full of information on preparing for surgery.
Among the things you should bring with you include:
- Name of insurance company (if your surgery is covered by insurance)
- Group number and ID number
- The insurance company's telephone number to verify coverage
- A list of all medications that you are taking and their dosage. This includes any herbal remedies or over-the-counter medications. For your convenience, we have compiled a medication information form [PDF] that you may print out and complete.
- Do not wear any makeup, nail polish or jewelry.
- Long hair must be braided or secured with rubber bands.
- Leave all valuables at home.