Visiting Guidelines & Hours
At Nash UNC Health Care, we welcome visitors. Because we recognize that visits from caring family and friends can be very important in the healing process, Nash UNC Health Care has open visitation, which means that visitation is allowed 24 hours-a-day.
Equally beneficial to the recovery process is a patient’s need for a quiet and restful atmosphere. Our visitation guidelines are designed to balance the value of visits with the need for rest in a manner that aids recovery. In order to ensure quality patient care and safety, there may be some exceptions to our open visitation, depending upon the patient's condition and/or preferences. We encourage you to speak with the patient's nurse if you have any questions.
Please note that some visitation restrictions remain in effect due to COVID-19. Click here for the latest guidelines.
Your cooperation with these guidelines will benefit everyone:
- Please be considerate of other patients and visitors by refraining from loud talking and laughter when in rooms and hallways.
- Based on the patient’s clinical needs or the activity in the unit, the physician or nurse may limit the number of visitors and or the time spent in the patient’s room at one time.
- For the health and safety of children under the age of 12, they must be accompanied by an adult other than the patient and may not enter isolation rooms.
- Persons who have recently been exposed to communicable diseases or have a fever, cold or rash should not visit patients.
- Please make sure you wash your hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entering and leaving a patient’s room.
- As a courtesy, cell phones should be placed on vibrate and conversations should take place in areas that will not affect other patients or interfere with patient care.
- Because we wish to safeguard the privacy of our patients, pictures, videos and audio recordings may not be taken of other patients, visitors, hospital equipment, or hospital staff without specific written permission.
- To respect confidentiality and the privacy of other patients, visitors should remain in their family member’s room or designated waiting area.
- The hospital bed is reserved for the patient only.
- Read all signs posted on the patient’s door and follow instructions. If you have any questions, please contact the patient’s nurse.
- Nash UNC Health Care is a tobacco-free campus, and visitors should refrain from using any tobacco products while on campus. We appreciate your cooperation.